DECORATE YOUR LITTLE ONE’S ROOM WITH THIS DUMBO-INSPIRED TASSEL WALL HANGING
By Disney Family
You would be surprised at how easy it is to make, too!
What You’ll Need
• Yarn (pastel yellow, maroon, grey)
• Black feather
• Wooden pole
• Hot glue gun
How To Make It
1. Wrap the maroon yarn around the card approximately 30 times. (Tip: The more times you wrap the yarn, the thicker your tassel will be.)
2. Use a separate long piece of yarn and tie a knot at the top of the card to secure the bundle.
3. Cut the bundle at the bottom of the card to release the bundle.
4. Measure an allowance of 1-cm from the top of the tassel, tie a piece of yarn to secure the tassel.
5. Repeat Steps 1 to 3 with the pastel yellow yarn until you get six tassels.
6. Repeat Steps 1 to 3 with the grey yarn until you get 12 tassels.
7. Repeat Steps 1 to 3 with the grey yarn until you get 14 tassels.
8. Tie the tassels to the wooden pole. Alternate the maroon and pastel yellow tassels, then layer the grey tassels over. Alternatively, you can connect your tassels with hot glue.
9. Finally, attach the black feather to a piece of yarn and tie it to the centre of the wooden pole.
10. Tie each end of a long piece of yarn at two ends of the pole. Your Dumbo-inspired wall hanging is complete!
Watch the trailer for Disney’s Dumbo below!