1. For the hot chocolate, combine sugar, cocoa, salt and water in a sauce pan, mix and continue to stir over medium heat until it boils.
2. Once it boils, bring the heat down and add the milk. Do not let the mixture boil again.
3. Keep stirring, then remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. For decorating, melt the white chocolate candy in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second increments until it is completely melted. Stir in-between every 15 seconds.
5. Place the melted candy in a zip-top bag, then cut a small hole in one corner. This is your piping bag. Then, pipe the melted candy around the mugs, including large drips coming down the sides. (Tip: Smooth with a smooth when you finish piping.)
6. While it’s still warm, pour festive sprinkles all over the melted candy. Then, place mugs in the freezer.
7. Next, take one regular marshmallow and two mini marshmallows to make Mickey! Use toothpicks to secure the two ears. Using a scissors, cut a small slit at the bottom of the marshmallow Mickey to make it easier to add him to the rim of the mug.
8. To crush the candy canes, place them on a cutting board while they’re still in wrapping and use a large spoon (or other heavy kitchen utensils) to crush them. Then, open the packets and pour into a bowl.
9. Take the mugs out of the freezer and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, pour the chocolate inside. Top it off with whipped cream.
10. Add the marshmallow Mickey, a large candy cane, a straw, more sprinkles and a dusting of cocoa powder on the top! Decorate a saucer with crushed candy canes, peppermints and sprinkles and place your mug on it. Enjoy, but don’t forget to get a picture of it first!