YOUR LITTLE UNICORN FANS WILL LOVE THIS DELIGHTFUL MINNIE UNICORN HOT COCOA
By Disney Family
It is so colorful – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Unicorn Day is the perfect occasion for a hot cocoa makeover! If Minnie and Daisy can be unicorns, why can’t a delicious cup of hot cocoa be one, too? Add some melted chocolate buttons, whipped cream and sprinkles (lots of them!) to turn a simple mug into Minnie hot cocoa with a unicorn twist!
• Black, yellow and pink chocolate buttons
• Zip-top bags
• Black, yellow, pink and colorful sprinkles
• Clear mug
• Wooden skewers
• 5-6 cups of milk
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
• Whipped cream
• Striped straw
All cutting should be done by an adult.
2. Pipe out two small circles onto a piece of parchment paper, then quickly cover them with black sprinkles.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 with the yellow chocolate buttons and sprinkles for the wings, and with the pink chocolate buttons and sprinkles for the bow.
4. Place the ears, wings and bow in the freezer to harden. Next, take the black piping bag and draw Minnie’s eyes and nose on the front of the mug, then on sprinkle black sprinkles. Repeat with pink chocolate buttons and sprinkles for her cheeks.
5. Dip the rim of the mug in melted pink chocolate, then cover it in the colourful sprinkles.
6. Place the mug in the freezer to harden. Do not keep it in the freezer for more than a minute.
7. For the cocoa, place milk, vanilla and white chocolate in a saucepan and keep on low heat. Keep stirring to melt chocolate.
8. Once the mixture is melted, use red and blue food coloring to make it purple! Pour the cocoa into the mug.
9. It’s time to assemble! Use the yellow piping bag to “glue” skewers onto the back of the wings, then use the black and pink piping bag to “glue” on her ears and bow.
10. To finish, top with whipped cream, colourful sprinkles, the yellow wings, and the striped straw as Minnie’s unicorn horn!